Date of announcement: 16st of September 2019
Type of Announcement: Request for Expression of Interest (EoI)
TITLE: Request for a Consultant to produce a “Compendium of CISLAC’s Publications on Corruption and Accountability” using available research documents.
The Civil Society Legislative Advocacy Centre (CISLAC), as National Chapter of Transparency International in Nigeria requests the services of a consultant to produce a research book on the above subject matter. The consultant is to work in collaboration with CISLAC staff in this regard.
The consultancy is within the project titled “Turning up the Pressure: Tackling Money laundering through multi stakeholder Approaches in ECOWAS countries” supported by European Union through Transparency International Secretariat in Berlin.
Scope of Work
The consultant will run with the research documents available from various research work produced by CISLAC under the above named topic to contextually articulate the contents in a coherent structure into a 60 to 80-page document, which will serve the intended purpose of being used as a tool to generate issues for advocacy through the engagement of relevant stakeholders.
The consultant will reflect technical expertise to facilitate a knowledge product that generates issues for advocacy. The work of the consultant will be to harmonise various research work produced by CISLAC under one of her thematic areas of interest, Anti-Corruption. These research publications include the following:
- How effective is fighting dirty money in Nigeria – dynamics of Illicit Financial Flows;
- Asset recovery and management of domestic and internationally recovered assets in Nigeria;
- Nigerian Real Estate Providers and money laundering: partners in crime? Case Study: Money laundering through the real estates in Nigeria;
- Role of the Legislature in implementing the national anti-corruption strategy;
- Money laundering and IFFs – the role of media and investigative journalists;
- Beneficial ownership in Nigeria – essential or overhyped?
- Conclusion: what needs to be done to stop Nigeria’s bleeding from stolen common wealth?
This is geared towards CISLAC’s objectives to address certain gaps in the project, “Strengthening the Anti-Money Laundering Mechanisms to Effectively Prevent, Detect, Report and Sanction Money Laundering in Nigeria”. Also to advance for a strong anti-money laundering regime through coordination of efforts by the government, the Civil Society and other relevant players.
The Consultant/company shall work with CISLAC’s Program Manager on Anti- Corruption and his team to achieve the underlined scope of work.
- The consultant will harmonise the 6 research work into one document;
- The consultant will do a desk research on the contents of the 6 publications and harmonise it with the available publications to the further enrich it.
- After comments and approval from CISLAC, the consultant will share a soft and hard copy of the book;
- Prepare a power point presentation to be used for presentation of the work.
This assignment should be completed within three (3) months from date of the signing of the contract between CISLAC and the consultant.
The successful consultant will amongst other things:
- Possess a minimum of five (5) years demonstrable track record of working
as a researcher.
- Show evidence of completion of similar tasks in the last two (2) years.
Interested candidates are by this call requested to submit in a single mail with the subject as Expression of Interest (EoI) not later than the 23rd of September, 2019. The EoI shall include:
- i) Cover Letter stating relevant qualification desirable for award of the Consultancy,
- ii) Financial offer for the advertised work.
Electronic copies of the documentation should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com. For further information and/or clarification(s) kindly contact: Gloria firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications received will be reviewed by a panel with a final selection being based on principles of objectivity, impartiality and neutrality. Female candidates are strongly advised to apply.