The Civil Society Legislative Advocacy Centre (CISLAC), the National Contact for Transparency International (TI), the leading international NGO devoted to combating corruption is seeking a suitably qualified person to fill the vacant position of Advocacy and Legal Advice (ALAC) Officer.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that ALAC provides client-friendly, professional and quality legal advice and guidance to victims and witnesses of corruption
- Ensure all cases receive adequate legal advice and/or are followed to secure redress from appropriate state/private institutions
- Oversee the systematic collection of ALAC complaints to update ALAC Database
- Analyse ALAC information and carry out advocacy for reforms
- Design and carry out public sensitizations and mobile ALACs
- Develop and maintain close working relationship with key partners
- Organise Review Committee/Stakeholder meetings
Qualification, Experience and Skills
The qualified candidate must have at least First Degree in Law with minimum of 3-5 years working experience. Good interpersonal and communication skills, computer literacy, knowledge of and experience in governance issues, anti-corruption advocacy, project proposal writing and fund raising are fundamental requirements. Experience in development work and human rights advocacy will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward a letter of application setting out their Knowledge, Skills and Abilities and a CV of not more than 3 pages and the names and contact details of 2 referees to:
The Executive Director
Civil Society Legislative Advocacy Centre (CISLAC)
The subject of the mail should read: ALAC OFFICER
Please, no telephone or personal enquiries will be entertained. The deadline for receipt of all applications is Sunday, August 14th, 2016. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Successful applicant should be ready to resume immediately.