Terms of Reference for Audit of CIDA IMPACT Project
Civil Society Legislative Advocacy Centre (CISLAC) invites “Expression of Interest” from reputable and experienced firm of auditors to undertake audit for its CIDA IMPACT Project for the period beginning the 9th of August and ending 31st March, 2018.
The project Integrity, Mobilisation, Participation, Accountability, Anti-Corruption and Transparency (IMPACT) contributes to strengthening foundations for sustainable economic growth by working with business to improve their practices and with public bodies to develop and better enforce anti-corruption legislation, policies and practices. Improvements made by these actors shall contribute to a more predictable business and investment environment and to confidence in the ability of democratic institutions to respond to the needs and priorities of citizens. Work shall also take place with individual and communities, increasing their understanding of corruption and empowering them to bring corruption cases forward and advocate for and monitor anti-corruption reforms. Engaged citizens shall be better able to communicate their needs and hold governments and businesses to account, which will help to limit opportunities for corruption and contribute to a greater access to services. The funds are provided through the Transparency International Secretariat from Global Affairs Canada. CISLAC implements the funding in Nigeria for four (4) years since 2016.
Terms and Conditions for Appointment of External Auditing Firm:
The Audit firms should have adequate experience in Audit of Civil Society Organizations. The firms shall have qualified auditors with relevant experience Audit work. A list of key employed auditors who are likely to be assigned the audit work with summary of their work experience to be enclosed.
General Terms and Conditions:
- The firms must be registered with Nigeria Registration Council and quote their registration number.
- Firm selected by CISLAC shall follow all ethics of faith and the information provided by CISLAC shall be kept “strictly confidential.”
- Selection of firms will be done only after detailed scrutiny of the credentials of the firm, their competency and number of experienced staff to be engaged for the Audit work.
- All assignments shall be carried out with due diligence maintaining quality of work done and in least possible time.
- The successful tenderer shall not be entitled to claim any additional amount for any reason whatsoever for the above audit work.
Scope and Terms of Reference of Audit:
The following is the broad scope and terms of reference for the audit of PF accounts:
Terms of Reference
- The audit of accounts CISLAC IMPACT project is to be carried out for the utilization of funds for two fiscal years from 1st of April 2015 to 30th of March 2017.
- The audit firm has to carry out the audit of books of accounts to verify the utilization of funds in implementing CIDA IMPACT Project.
- The audit will have to be conducted on the sample test check basis.
- To assess and report on the receipt of funds disbursed by donors.
- To check that the CIDA IMPACT funds have been utilized according to CISLAC financial regulations.
- The Audit Firm will have to start the audit upon agreed audit time table and within 10 days of the receipt of the letter of appointment.
- The audit of CISLAC accounts has to be completed in a time bound manner, which will not exceed 10 days.
- The Auditing party will consist of sufficient number of experienced and qualified professionals.
- In case of non-fulfillment of any instructions issued by CISLAC, the organization will be entitled to cancel the audit work without any obligations.
- These are only proposed draft terms and conditions and can be modified at any time by CISLAC at its sole discretion
Scope of work
The audit will be carried out in accordance with International Standards of Auditing, and will include such tests and controls as the auditor considers necessary under the circumstances. In conducting the audit, special attention should be paid to the following:
- All donor funds have been used in accordance with the conditions of the relevant donor funding agreements and only for the purpose for which the funding was provided;
- Goods and services have been procured in accordance with the relevant funding agreement and the Centre’s operations and manual;
- All necessary supporting documents, records, and accounts have been kept in respect of the project activities in accordance with the Centre’s operations and finance manual;
- Project accounts have been prepared in accordance with consistently applied International Financial Reporting Standards;
- The Centre has an internal control structure and other control systems to provide reasonable assurance that it is managing its resources in accordance with applicable laws,regulations, Centre’s policies and procedures;
A management letter to include a statement of audit findings and recommendations affecting the financial statements, internal control, accounting systems, legality of actions, and any other material matters.
Submission of Applications:
- Interested firms may submit copies by email to email@example.com with a clear subject line on the email as “Expression of Interest to Audit IMPACT Project.” Hard copies can be delivered to CISLAC’s Office at:
Head of Finance
Civil Society Legislative Advocacy Centre
16, House 3, P.O.W. Mafemi Crescent. 90001 Abuja.
- Applications should be on letterhead of the organization with information on
- Key – contact person(s), their position(s), and contact details.
- Firm registration details
- financial offer for the audit services
- All applications must be received by 5pm on January 4, 2019.
- CISLAC will only contact firms whose submissions reflect work focus, experience, and capacity requirements of the audit.